Friday 13 June 2008

Vancouver, BC

Vancouver is very nice. Sunny but not too hot, with mountains overlooking Jericho Beach (where I'm staying). Got a whole new currency to get used to, but at least it's vaguely familiar, with HM the Q on the front of it!

Anyway, in case you're wondering, my time in Yosemite came to an end because I'd only booked five nights and I'd contemplated extending it but by the time I got to doing so everywhere was totally booked out. So I reviewed my options, and thought about Portland or Seattle, but Vancouver looked the best option. So here I am, after a bus and a train and another bus and an overnight stop in San Francisco (very nice) and then a short-haul flight this morning.

I've only just checked in here so I'll update again in a couple of days once I've actually had the chance to go places and do things.