Friday 22 December 2023

Madrid, Spain

Those of you who are paying attention will have noticed that my last blog from Havana was a wee bit grumpy. Those of you who are really paying attention will remember that in the first blog of this trip, I named Madrid as my 'happy place'. Here I have fresh food, I have craft beer, the queues and rolling black-outs of Cuba are now far behind me, and God is in his heaven and all is right with the world.

Very soon things will get better yet when I land back in the UK to spend the festive season with family and friends. (I spent Christmas 2020 in Spain, but only because Covid exile left me with no choice.) 

And so Edd's Travels are at an end for 2023. It's the first time I've done two trips in one year and it won't be happening again any time soon. There'll be just one trip in 2024. I haven't decided where yet, but I can say for certain that it won't be anywhere in the English-speaking world, or for that matter the Spanish-speaking world. Watch this space some time in autumn I think. In the meantime, as the song goes, I wanna wish you a merry Christmas...¡feliz Navidad!


I only stayed in Madrid one night and there wasn't time to take any interesting photos.
So here's a pointless view from the flight home afterwards.